There are many quality budget tablets on the market right now, but what is the best affordable tablet to buy to meet your specific needs. In this list, we’re going to be checking out the five best budget tablets.
We have made this list based on performance features, price, and more. I’ve included options for every type of consumer.
So if you’re looking for a budget tablet for the whole family to use or a more powerful tablet that can be used for productivity at school or work, we’ll have the product for you.
Also check for the Best Xiaomi Phone Under 500 in 2020.
Amazon Fire HD 8 (2020)
Features of Amazon Fire HD 8 (2020)
- Display: The eight-inch 1280 by 800 resolution is responsive and delivers some nice colors for watching videos and streaming shows.
- Battery: You’ll get about 12 hours of mixed-use.
- Dual Two Megapixel Cameras: You’ll find it’s okay for video chats. As long as you have decent lighting
- Built-in Alexa: You can ask Alexa to find information, play videos or music, or even open apps.
- Dual Speakers: Delivers decent sound for watching movies and listening to music.
The Amazon Fire HD 8 (2020) is our best tablet under $100. If you’re already in the Amazon ecosystem and you want an inexpensive tablet to surf shop and consume content, then the Amazon Fire HD 8 is a great budget option for you.
The Amazon Fire HD 8 delivers exceptional value for the price, making it an ideal tablet for consuming Amazon content, including Amazon’s Kindle and audible for eBooks and audiobooks.
And not to mention all the content from your top streaming services like Netflix and Disney Plus. Just Keep in mind, though, Amazon does push their content a little more aggressively.
The eight-inch displays, not too bad. The lower pixel density isn’t noticeable when watching videos, but smaller fonts look slightly blurry.
The colors are surprisingly good but lack the deeper blacks found on more expensive tabs. Overall, the performance was quite impressive for a sub $100 tablet. However, some third-party apps like Facebook can be sluggish, but not to the extent to be deal-breakers.
It does feature their Amazon kid’s mode for child-safe content. But if you’re looking for a budget tablet for the whole family, check for the Lenovo Tab M10 Plus coming up next in this list.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive Amazon tablet for personal use or the whole family, the fire Amazon Fire HD 8 (2020) is one of your best budget options with access to your favorite streaming platforms and over 500,000 available apps and games.
Lenovo Tab M10 Plus
Features of Lenovo Tab M10 Plus
- Display: 10.3 inches 1920 by 1200 full HD 10 point touch screen.
- Cameras: Significantly better than the Fire HD 8 with an eight-megapixel rear camera and five-megapixel front camera.
- Security: It comes with face recognition, which you don’t usually find at this price range.
- Battery: You’ll get about seven hours of video playback, which may be the only weak point of this tablet.
- Excellent Build Quality: All-metal body gives it a great premium look and feel
- Expandable Storage: Up to 256 gigabytes of storage.
The Lenovo Tab M10 Plus is our best budget tablet for families. If you’re looking for an inexpensive tablet the whole family can use, then the Lenovo Tab M10 Plus is one of the best options for you. Its current price is $150.
The Lenovo Tab M10 Plus performs above its sub $200 price bracket, delivering exceptional value and performance with an all-metal body, ultra-modern design, and super thin bezels giving a higher screen to display ratio.
Overall, you’ve got a premium looking and feeling tab without all the plastic found on most tabs in its class. The large full HD display with wide viewing angles and the two sides speakers, tuned with Dolby Atmos, is ideal for families to watch videos, movies, TV shows, and play games together, making an ideal entertainment device for home or on the go.
You also get a kid’s mode, which gives you a little more parental controls than what the fire HD offers. So you can be assured they only have access to child-safe content. Plus, the built-in eye care protection helps to reduce the risk of eyestrain.
If you’re looking for an excellent tablet for your family use, the Lenovo Tab M10 Plus is an excellent option for you. Its reliable build quality, a large display with wide viewing angles, and feature-rich with added securities to ensure the whole family can enjoy safe content.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1
Features of Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1
- Design and Built: Great build quality with premium looks.
- Display: The 10.1 inch 1920 by 1200 resolution is quite bright and detailed.
- Battery: You’ll get about 13 hours of mixed-use.
- 5MP Front Facing and 8 MP Rear Cameras: You’ll find it’s great for video chats and even capturing some quick picks and shoot full HD videos.
- Expandable Storage: Micro SD up to 512 gigabytes.
- Bottom Firing Stereo Speakers: Delivers impressive sound with Dolby Atmos surround sound.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 is our best value budget tablet. If you’re looking for a budget tablet that offers a big screen with plenty of features without sacrificing build quality or performance, then the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 is one of the best value choices for you. Its current price is $220.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 packs in a lot of bang for your buck with an impressive 10.1 inch full HD display. And you’ll find that it’s one of the best-looking tablets at this price point.
You’ll find the solid build makes it a little heavier than most, but it’s still easy to hold with even one hand while watching videos or reading.
The display is noticeably brighter with better viewing angles than Lenovo with rich colors and contrast, so watching videos is detailed and precise.
One big bonus of the Tab A 10.1 is its expandable storage of up to 512 gigabytes, which doubles the Lenovo Tab M 10 plus. So if you’d like to keep your other media on micro SD, Samsung will be a better option for you.
If you need more expandable storage, check for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4 coming up later in this list with expandable storage up to one terabyte.
If you’re looking for the biggest bang for your tablet dollar, the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 delivers fast and responsive performance with an above-average display for its class and great features like 512 gigabytes of expandable storage to make it one of the best value options for you.
Apple iPad 2020
Features of Apple iPad 2020
- 10.2 Inch Retina Display: You’ll love the incredible detail and vivid colors.
- All Day Battery: You can expect up to 10 hours of mixed-use.
- A 12 Bionic Chip: It sounds impressive. And the performance bump is just as impressive, letting you edit 4k video and even play graphics-intensive games.
- Cameras: Eight-megapixel wide rear camera with full HD recording, and 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera.
- Apple’s Touch ID: For security with a fingerprint identity sensor built into the home button.
The Apple iPad 2020 is our best budget iPad. Suppose you’re looking for an affordable iPad. In that case, the latest 8th generation iPad features an upgraded processor that now gives you the biggest bang for the buck when it comes to Apple’s iPad lineup. Making it a great budget option for you. Especially if this is your first iPad, its current price is $300.
The entry-level iPad features a gorgeous 10.2-inch retina display with vivid colors and sharp images, and watching movies in 4k is terrific. But what’s also great about the iPad is that it’s not only for entertainment. It’s quite a capable productivity device.
You’ll find support for Apple smart keyboard and iPadOS 14; you can even connect a mouse or trackpad, making your work efficient and seamless. You’ll find it’s convenient to work emails, work documents, or school assignments on the go.
Plus, you can take notes, edit photos, draw, sketch, or paint with support for Apple’s pencil, making it great for creativity, except there isn’t anywhere to properly store your pencil when you’re not using it.
The other caveat is that despite being a 2020 model, it still uses a lightning cable and not USBC.
The iPad may be one of the most versatile tablets around. There’s nothing it can’t do. If you’re on a tighter budget, the iPad delivers exceptional value and unmatched performance in an entry-level tablet, making it great for families, students, and professionals looking to purchase their first iPad.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4
Features of Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- Display: 10.4 inch 2000 by 1200 resolution multitouch LCD Display delivers impressive details and colors.
- Cameras: It has even better specs than the iPad, with an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front camera.
- Battery: Impressive 13 hours of performance.
- Facial Recognition: Unlock your Tab with Samsung’s face unlock. However, it can be a little unreliable when it comes to consistency.
- Expandable Storage: Doubles the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4 with up to one terabyte of storage.
- S Penn Included: Lets you quickly write notes, personalized photos, and videos, as well as create and edit your creative ideas.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4 is our best overall budget tablet. If you’re looking for one of the best Android tablets without hitting the premium price tags, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4 may be a great option. Its current price is $345.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is a toned-down version of Samsung’s previous flagship model. It may not have all the bells and whistles, but it’s still feature-rich. And the aluminum build with small bezels gives it a premium look and feel without the premium price.
You’ll find it’s great for media consumption with an excellent large display, with impressive details, and the AKG tuned stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support aren’t bad. Giving you a more cinematic audio experience when watching movies.
Like the iPad, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite supports a stylist, and better yet, the pressure and tilt sensitive S pen comes included, and even clips to the side of the tablet when not in use.
If you’re looking to upgrade from the cheaper tablets or looking for a reliable budget option, Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite brings a lot to the table. That’s heavy on performance and value but light on price. It makes it great for students and professionals who need a tablet for productivity and entertainment, making it one of the best budget tablet choices for you.